Feb 15, 2006

If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again

get this from sis ejmt and feel like sharing this my fellow readers.

If I had my child to raise again,
I'd build self esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger paint more,
And point the finger less.

I would do less correcting, and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch,
And watch with my eyes.

I would care to know less, And know to care more.
I'd take more hikes,
And fly more kites.

I'd stop playing serious, And seriously play.
I would run through more fields,
And gaze at more stars.

I would do more hugging and less tugging.
I would see the oak tree in the acorn more often.

I would be firm less often, And affirm much more.
I'd care less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.

Author:Unknown

4 comments:

Bergen said...

I am going to leave a note that I was here. It's a bit longer a sentence than just 'hadir.'

It's never too late, unless of course you measure against P.Ramlee's 'Anak Ku Shazali.'

mommy@lif said...

en bergen, thank you for your 'kehadiran' & positive comments . really appreciate that!

i think all mothers in the world want to give the best to their children.

am doing it a step at a time.

Ruby M. said...

i love this entry. :)

mommy@lif said...

maknenek dear,
thank you for visiting.

yes, lovely and meaningful poem kan?